Friday, December 31, 2010

MAC's Dangerously Cuvee Paint Pot Review

Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed by MAC's Cham-Pale collection like I thought I would be, and I found myself only purchasing the Dangerously Cuvee Paint Pot.


Swatch of Dangerously Cuvee

Swatch blended
When applying, like other paint pots, the products goes on very smoothly & effortlessly. What surprises me the most is how sheer the color really is when blended out. The camera does not really capture it... but there's a lot of glitter when you fully rub the product onto your eyelid. Thus, I probably would only use this product when I go out at night. I feel like the glitter may be too much for day time wear.

Pros:
  • The color is gorgeous! It's nice to have a grey-ish color in paint pot form - perfect color to use as a base when you want to do a smoky eye look.
  • The product goes on very smoothly
  • Easy to blend
Cons:
  • The glitter limits the use of the product
  • Color is more sheer than expected
  • Limited Edition product (so grab it now if you like it!)

Overall: B-
Final Comments: I like it, but I don't love it. I can find myself using it in future looks, so it's worth having around.

No comments: