|Credits to Originsskincare.com|
For all of my fellow undergraduate/graduate bloggers, I wish you guys all the best of luck on your finals!
If you guys are feeling extra stressed and need something to calm your nerves during your study (or whenever!), take a little break and purchase Origins' Piece of Mind!
This little baby is a lifesaver during times of stress, and it's for sure something I make sure I have in stock.
How to apply: Apply a small amount on your temples (my fave), back of neck, earlobes
How does it feel: It has a cool, tingly sensation when applied on the skin (similar to Vick's Vapor Rub, but more gentle of course!)
How does it smell: Very light minty smell
Size: 0.5 fl. oz./15 ml
Other ways of relieving stress:
- Play with your pets. Studies show playing with your pets (or even spending a minute watching/feeding your fishes) can reduce stressors!
- Exercise/Go on a walk. Just take out 15minutes of your day and take a walk. It can relax your mind and will make studying/working more effective when you return to your work.
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Your body is overworking itself (while being in Fight-or-Flight mode), so chances are, you're very dehydrated. Drink water to hydrate your body and reduce the risk of headaches/dizziness.
- Take a break. Take a shower, eat a little (try not to though! This can lead you to be an emotional eater!), watch a little tv - all of that works! Your mind just needs a breather. I take breaks & read blogs ;)
- Spend 2 minutes taking deep, deep breathes! Increasing oxygen into your brain helps
- Prioritize! Too many deadlines? Break down the things you need to do, and make a list. Organize them in the order of what needs to be done first. You can then see things in a larger picture, and see that everything is doable!
- Take a nap (if possible)! Your brain can't work if it's too strained. Even taking a nap for 15 minutes can do wonders!
Those are just my personal tips. If you guys have any more methods, feel free to share with me! :)